Financial Solutions: TDECU
- TDECU relies on large amounts of data to understand its members, ensure excellence across banking and operations, and improve the member experience. TDECU needed to implement a cloud migration strategy while keeping member data secure in compliance with strict financial regulations.
- Architecting on the Snowflake Data Cloud enabled TDECU to overcome many challenges of its legacy on-premises data architecture.
- Connecting Collibra to Snowflake provided a convenient data cataloging solution that helped increase data reliability.
- Leveraging ALTR for automated policy enforcement, building on Snowflake’s integrated security features, met TDECU’s need for transparency, compliance, and control.
- ALTR’s tokenization-as-a-service, data masking, thresholding, and integration with enterprise data governance solutions, accelerated time to value for TDECU – allowing faster results and immediate data protection.
- ALTR’s SaaS-based, no-code interface simplified TDECU’s workflow for controlling access to sensitive data.
- Enabling secure, democratized access to data with Snowflake and ALTR helps TDECU’s business users make data-driven decisions and identify opportunities to elevate the member experience.
Logistics Solutions: Redwood Logistics
- Redwood Logistics, one of the fastest growing logistics providers in the US, needed to bring sensitive payroll data from secure on-premises systems into Snowflake. Financial leaders were concerned that the data might be accessible by unauthorized privileged users. This concern stopped the project from moving forward.
- ALTR was the only vendor able to provide the focused, yet complete data security solution Redwood needed:
- Tokenization: Sensitive payroll data is tokenized before ingestion into Snowflake.
- Access Controls: Data access controls allow only approved users to access tokenized data.
- Real-time Alerting: The finance team is alerted via Teams message in near real-time when data is accessed, allowing them to confirm that it was accessed by an approved user or stop access if not.
- With ALTR’s complete solution for data tokenization, access control, and real-time alerting, Redwood was able to move forward with the business-critical project in Snowflake, knnowing their information is secure.
Retail Solutions: Multi-National Retailer
- A well-known multi-national retailer had an urgent need to protect their customer’s PII. On every new sale, the buyer is prompted to input a series of personally identifiable information data points - their name, email address, cell phone number, and mailing address to name a few, which are then stored for future use by the customer as well as to gain insights on the customer base by the business.
- The organization’s PII must be protected, whether to comply with GDPR regulations or to maintain customer confidence and loyalty.
- The concern arose that if every employee within the organization had uncontrolled access to the PII stored within the database, anyone could wrongfully distribute this data to competitors or to unsafe hands.
- The retailer implemented ALTR access controls and a custom masking policy on their database.
- This unique custom masking policy allows emails, names, and other PII to enter the retailer’s cloud data warehouse, Snowflake, and be obfuscated depending on user access levels to mask and protect sensitive data, while still being usable for reporting.
- The access controls implemented ensured that the correct people were able to view data within parameters set by the client – frequency, amount, and accessor. These access policies are controlled by ALTR using Snowflake’s native functionality.
- The retailer is confident they can limit data access while also allowing certain unique elements of the data to be accessible and usable for reporting purposes.