1. Role of ALTR
We act as a data controller when we collect personal data from visitors to our website or otherwise in connection with the marketing of our products and services to current or potential customers. We are a processor with respect to customer end user data (as described below).
2. Collection of Personal Data
This section explains the various ways in which we may collect your personal data.
Personal Data You Provide to Us
We may collect personal data you provide to us in the following scenarios:
- You provide it to us by signing up to receive a demonstration or other information about our products or services
- You provide it to us by filling out a form to request content, such as a newsletter
- You provide it to us by filling out a form or starting a conversation to request additional information about our products or services
- You provide it to us by inquiring about, or applying for, a job with us
- You provide it to us by contacting us via email or telephone
The personal data collected in these instances may include your name, phone number, email address, physical address, payment information and/or any other personal data that you choose to provide.
Personal Data We Collect Automatically
As you navigate our website, we may also collect information through the use of commonly used information-gathering tools, such as web beacons, standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your IP address, and the actions you take on our website.
Personal Data We Collect From Third-Parties
We may obtain personal data about you from third-parties, including but not limited to marketing event organizers, partners and resellers. We require that any third-party providing us with personal data has the necessary rights and consents to share such personal data with us. The personal data collected in these instances may include your name, phone number, email address, and physical address.
Children’s Information and Sensitive Information
Our site is directed to individuals who are the age of majority or older in their jurisdiction. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you believe your child has provided information to us, please contact us using the information provided below.
3. Customer End User Data
While we recognize that an individual may have the right to access, delete and amend the data collected about that individual, we do not have a relationship with customer end users but rather only with our customers. If you are a customer end user and you would like to access, amend or delete your data, then you need to contact the customer directly, and we will respond within a reasonable period of time to any such request by our customer.
4. Cookies and Do Not Track
“Cookies” are files that store and retrieve certain information on your computer. When you visit our website, it is possible that we will place a cookie on your computer that maintains information so that you are automatically recognized the next time you visit our website.
Some web browsers have a “do not track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our sites are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
5. Uses of Personal Data
Uses of Personal Data
We use personal data in order to respond to requests from you, to further our legitimate business interests, to carry out our legal obligations and our obligations to you, to protect your interests, and to provide you with notices. Following are examples of how we use your personal data and, to the extent required pursuant to applicable law, the legal basis for such use:
- We may use the personal data you provide to us when you fill in forms on our website to respond to your request and to contact you about that request. Our legal basis for processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in communicating with you and fulfilling your requests.
- We may use your personal data to provide the services to you as well for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the website, the services or for customer service purposes). Our legal basis for processing this personal data is in the performance of our contract to provide the services to you.
- We may use the personal data you provide to us for the purpose of operating our website, ensuring the security and integrity of our website and services and maintaining back-ups of our databases. Our legal basis for processing this personal data is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of and security of our website and services.
- For data and information that we collect through tracking technologies about your interaction with our website and services, we use this information for analyzing the use of the website in order to improve the quality and design of our website and the user experience with our website and services. Our legal basis for processing this type of data is our legitimate interests, namely to provide you with a better user experience.
- We may use the personal data you provide to us at marketing events, when you register for a newsletter or white paper, or for the purpose of offering, marketing and selling products and services to you. Our legal basis for processing this personal data is consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
- We may also use any of your personal data for the purposes of: (i) enforcing our agreements and policies, (ii) protecting or defending our legal rights; (iii) protecting your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person; or (iv) complying with a legal obligation.
Retention of Personal Data
We do not use any personal data provided by you for the purpose of automated decision-making.
6. Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described below. We do not share or sell your personal data with any third-parties for direct marketing purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary in order to comply with (i) a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights of us, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or customers, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- If you make a purchase through the Website, your payment information may be provided to a third-party payment processor, and such processor’s use of such payment information would be governed by such processor’s own privacy and other policies.
- We may transfer your information to an entity or individual that (i) acquires, buys, or merges with us or any of our business units or (ii) acquires or otherwise takes possession of our business assets, including in connection with a liquidation or dissolution.
7. Data Security
We have taken reasonable physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect personal data from theft, loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, copying, collection, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We follow reasonable standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart the security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security or privacy of any information you transmit to us, and, by using our website and/or services, you do so at your own risk.
8. Your Rights
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us, and we understand that you may have the right to access, correct, delete, object to and restrict our use of your personal data. Depending on the jurisdiction in which you live, you may have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You can ask us to rectify inaccurate information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the data before rectifying it.
- You can ask us to erase your personal data, but only (i) when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, (ii) when you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent), (iii) following a successful right to object, (iv) when it has been processed unlawfully, or (v) to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject. We are not required to comply with your request to erase your personal data if the processing of your personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. There are certain other circumstances in which we are not required to comply with your erasure request, although these two are the most likely circumstances in which we would deny that request.
- In certain contexts, you can ask us to restrict (i.e., keep but not use) your personal data. We can continue to use your personal data following a request for restriction (i) where we have your consent; (ii) to establish, exercise, and defend legal claims; or (iii) to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
- Objection to legitimate interests.You can object to any processing of your personal data which has our ‘legitimate interests’ as its legal basis if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Once you have objected, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing without providing any reason. We will then cease the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Objection to sales.You can object to any sale of your personal data by us.
- You can ask us to provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it ‘ported’ directly to another data controller, but only where our processing is based on your consent and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Withdrawal of Consent.You can withdraw your consent in respect of any processing of personal data which is based upon a consent which you have previously provided.
Requests for any of the foregoing should be submitted via email to: email@example.com. Please allow a reasonable time to process any such request.
9. Third-Party Websites
We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of other websites, even if they are linked to our website. We also have no responsibility or liability for any transactions between you and any third party, even if linked to our website.
11. Contact Us
We commit to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal data. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal data is being processed or you want to exercise your rights above, please reach out to us using the following details:
Attn: ALTR Solutions, Inc.
P.O. Box 164230
Austin, Texas 78716
12. Filing a Complaint
If you are in the European Union, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has authority in your country or region. Please click here for contact information for such authorities.
Last updated June 18, 2019