Data Security as a Service for Snowflake
ALTR provides Data Governance as a Service (DSaaS) to help organizations:
- Mitigate the security risks of data sharing. Understand and control exactly who is consuming which data—including when, where, and how much.
- Ensure compliance today and tomorrow. Comply with data-use requirements of GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, and future regulations using granular controls and reporting.
- Increase the value of data. Understand and prioritize the value and quality of data sets using detailed data access intelligence.
Access Monitoring and Visibility
Embeds in the critical path of data, recording rich query history
- Embeds in the critical path of data, recording rich query history
- Logs and stores all Snowflake data access in a tamper-resistant vault for data intelligence and compliance reporting
- Publishes data back into Snowflake for analysis
Governance Locks and Thresholds
- Sets rules-based policy down to the column level depending on who is accessing data, when, and from where, and on how much data is being consumed
- Enables administrators to receive alerts and slow or block users in real time when thresholds are exceeded, or policies are violated
- Integrates into enterprise SIEM to allow security and SecOps teams to detect and respond to anomalies
ALTR integrates easily with Snowflake, supporting:
- High performance — Snowflake is all about speed, and ALTR handles queries of all sizes with no meaningful impact on latency.
- Ease of integration and use — A simple, intuitive user console enables easy viewing of data access activity, configuration of data access policies, and integration with SIEM and data visualization tools.
- Any scale of data, workload, and users — ALTR’s cloud service scales naturally up and down as needed—regardless of workloads, amount of data, or number of concurrent users.
- High service level — ALTR maintains the same high level of availability as Snowflake, ensuring that both services work together all the time you need them.
How ALTR DSaaS Works
ALTR Records all Snowflake data access
ALTR provides centralized data access governance as a service for Snowflake
ALTR enables SEC/SECOPS teams to detect and respond to data access threats
Want to learn more about how ALTR can enhance governance and observability within your Cloud Data Warehouse? Let's Get Started.